Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Ticket 'In'

I really don't have anything new and exciting to talk about... sorry. But I do have a story that I thought about the other day. One that I am mildly embarrassed to actually write about... but figure you all probably have a childhood story equally as strange. So, you all know that I am not a 'pretty-pretty-princess' type of gal, but have an imagination that goes on for days! Well, the other day I was looking at Mallory wondering what she will be like as she gets older. As she starts to play dress up and make-believe. What her fantasy life will be like.
Ok, back to my story (sorry I had to give you a round-about reason on why I was actually thinking about this)... As a kid (and as an adult) I didn't have a beautiful, magical singing voice, long flowing perfect hair, parents that were the king and queen, I didn't have magical powers, or have woodland-creatures that would do my bidding... I had to come up with some other reason for some one like me (a 'normal' kid) to get herself into the castle. (hey I didn't want to be there as a princess, but that doesn't mean I didn't want to be there). :)
ANY WAY...
But what I did (and still do) have was the ability to ALWAYS pick the perfect size Tupperware for left overs! I know! AMAZING! And in my (bizarre) mind that was a very unique gift! I mean think about it, it's almost like a super power! I never have to re-transfer leftovers after picking a size too big or to small, I don't have to wash an extra lid because I grabbed the wrong top.... and in my imaginary world a talent like this would be my ticket into the castle. So what if I never met the prince. I had my ticket 'in' and that was all I needed.
So there you have it... strange? Yes. Are you guys surprised by my oddly logical child-like way of thinking? Probably not. Are you all currently laughing at my and shacking your head? Without a doubt! :)

3 comments:

Janie said...

A little laughing and a little shaking, but over-all, just what I expect from mt BF!

I was just thinking about how both of my girls think they are princesses with long flowing hair and at least they think, magical singing voices, and how I wasn't like that at all when I was younger. I always wonder if they will stay that way or if I will get a tomboy like I was. Man you couldn't pay me to wear a dress when I was younger, and with my two, you can't pay them to not wear a dress :)

If I am hard to get a hold of right now, it's because when I go on my 50% bed rest part of the day, I leave all phones shut off or in another room so I can actually sleep. I do all my non-resting in the morning when I am working with the girls and then about 1pm I crash. I take a bath and then a few hour nap before getting up for dinner. It probably sounds nice but it is annoying!!! But if I cheat at all I go right back into contractions. So that's life for me right now!

Anonymous said...

What do you mean "my parents weren't the king and queen"!!??

Brianna said...

You're so funny. I have no idea why tupperware skillz would get you into "the castle" but if that's the way in, I would never make it. I would have to get in on my wit alone, which could be a major challenge. I heard that castle gatekeepers don't "get" sarcastic humor. Oh well...I will just have to hang out in my canoe on your moat.