Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 14, 2011

Double Diaper Duty

The past few mornings Mallory has woken up and has soaked through her diaper (which now weighed like 10 pounds), onsie, jammies, blankets, and crib sheet. At first I thought that maybe the current diaper was just too small for THAT volume of pee, so I went and got her the next size diaper so that she could wear that one at night... Nope, that didn't work either. She soaked right on through that one too. (at least we know her kidneys are working well). So now I have started to double up the diaper... one normal sized one followed by a larger on over it. So far it's worked 50% of the time... any other tricks of the night time pee trade?

4 comments:

Brianna said...

Whoa! That's alotta pee! I've never tried putting one diaper on top of the other...sounds like a good solution to me.

If she'd stay asleep, you could do a half asleep diaper change at 3 am. I'm up anyway, if you want me to come over and do it.

If they have small versions, I know there are specific night time diapers--at least for Addison's size.

Beyond that, I hope you have a good waterproof mattress pad :)

Janie said...

WOW!!! Have you tried switching brands? I had to switch twice with Olivia and finally found a brand that would hold her pee better. Not all brands are created equal. I have three friends who can only use huggies but my girls both pee right out of them.

Hope you are having a great day! We do better with Luvs and Pampers.

Janie

Anonymous said...

Depends, defineatly Depends.
Dad

familyof5 said...

The pampers and kirkland brand work best for us.