Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wedding day


This past weekend Matthew and I (bravely) left or sweet little girl for 7 hours!!!! I know, CRAZY! Matthews mom came over to baby sit while he and I went to our friends wedding. It was a local wedding, which was nice because I was able to come home and feed/pump and then go back. Our little one did great and the wedding was wonderful! The bride looks BEAUTIFUL and as I was sitting back and admiring her and her dress I started thinking, 'Some day I will be helping my little girl shop for a wedding dress...' when I brought this point up to Matthew he said, "I am not ready for that." I then reminded him that someday he will be walking his little baby girl down the isle and the said "I am NOT ok with that thought!" He was obviously saddened by that though... it was so sweet to see.
It's been an amazing transformation, I have always known how very much my parents love me, but it wasn't until I was holding my own child that I truly understood the depth of that love!!!

4 comments:

Janie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janie said...

The wedding looks like it was beautiful as do you.

Isn't parenting amazing. You never quite understand the full extent of love until you are holding your precious child that you have worked so hard to bring here.

Anonymous said...

I know some guys have married real dogs, but....
Dad

M. Maudlin said...

Jessie I bet my dad thought the same thing at YOUR wedding regarding all his little girls as Matthew thought at your friend's wedding! I don't think any dad is ever really ready (I can't imagine my dad being ok with giving me away for years yet! lol) but at least there are great guys like Matt in the world that can be trusted with that responsibility. Right Uncle Dale? =p