Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 27, 2010

THE Bug Quilt

 
It is finally finished! Back in Jan mom had offered to make our little one a quilt (neither she nor I had any idea what an undertaking it was). So we found perfect bug fabric and super cure blacks and white polka dot fabric (good for baby brain development) in an amazing fabric store in Oregon and away we went with smiles on our faces! Little did we know that what we envisioned making was crazy hard! We finished the fitted sheet, crib skirt and bumper quickly... then it was on to the monstrous task of the quilt. I know, you would think that it wouldn't be THAT hard.... but with all the little uneven/off centered/different color pieces, it WAS! But mom has completed it! And I LOVE IT!!!!! It is just perfect, everything that I could have ever wanted it to be! It looks amazing in her room! Thank you for your ALL hard work!
Oh and on a side note... that little baby wrap that I have Mallory in (in the last post).... my talented mom made that too! :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

lowrain said...

congratulations Dawn and Jessie. That quilt is supercalifragilistic.
Oh well you get the point
Marilyn B

Katie said...

That is one of the cutest quilts I have ever seen! Great job!

Speciale said...

i love it!! so cute! you and your mom are so talented! thanks for you sweet comments on my prego blogs, you are always so sweet and encouraging!

Janie said...

I love it!! That turned out cuter than any baby quilt I have ever seen. It's even cuter in person. I love the whole set and I bet Mallory not only loves it but it developing that brain twice as fast as all the other babies. :)You guys keep passing the exceptionally talented women gene on in that family.