Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 17, 2011

5 Wonderful Years


Yesterday, Matthew and I celebrated 5 years of marital bliss! It’s funny how quickly time seems to fly, while at the same time feeling like forever! (I guess the fact that we have been dating/together for a total of 13 years makes the 5 of actual marriage seem longer)… in a good way. So much has happened/changed for us in those 5 years, let’s recap: We get married in my 2nd year of vet school, we go to Tahiti on our honeymoon, and we have to come home (sad). He lives in Santa Rosa with his pops and I live in Woodland. For a year and a half HE dives to see me just about every weekend (not great on the gas tank of his truck or our pocket-book). I graduate, we go to Alaska to celebrate, I move in with him and Pops and we all live there together for a year (one big happy family). I work in Petaluma as a large animal vet (as I study to pass the test…. Stupid test) :), we start house hunting, fall in love with a little house in Santa Rosa and buy it (even though we don’t know if I passed the test or if I’ll have a job… since I stopped the large animal thing). We move in, I pass the test, I get a job in Healdsburg working on small animals. We take some amazing vacations (Utila: get scuba certified, Hawaii: Dad turns 60), buy a new car and then we have a baby… Mallory Rose! WOW! Wonderful, life changing, craziness! I go back to work, and then suddenly don’t have a job! Ahgggggg! Matthew is a rock, supportive and bringing in ALL the bacon! Mallory grows, takes her first step (I actually got to see it happen, because I wasn’t working… sooooo happy to be there for it)! I find work, to celebrate we go to the Bahamas… a little too much ‘celebrating’ occurs and B.B. joins the picture. I learn to work on birds, snakes, rodents and hold down the hospital as my boss battles cancer, Matthew gets ‘yanked’ around at work… but sticks it out and we get ready for our life to change again (in a matter of weeks)!!! What an adventure!
I love you dearly my sweet husband. You are my best friend, my rock, my stallion (TMI, I know). You bring a smile to my face and joy to my heart every single day. Thank you for all you do for me and our family. I love you and can’t wait to see what the next 5, 10, 20, 60… years will bring. xoxox
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

lowrain said...

congratulations to you, all three. What a beautiful family you are.
Merry Christmas
Marilyn

Speciale said...

Happy Anniversary!! Really, your wedding was that long ago? Weird. I was looking at you all prego and cute in the Xmas pix and thinking, gosh, she wasn't that prego with Mallory last Christmas was she? Then it hit me, oh yah I'm a dummy, that is this year, HELLO!

Brianna said...

Five years! So exciting :) You guys are an inspiration. People can sense your love just being near you. It's clear how special you are to each other. *Sniff, sniff, tear*

Here's to another 5 years, in the very least ;) Love you both (and your adorable babies...I'm sure BB will be adorable too)

Janie said...

Five years! You did it ;)! It is crazy to think about how fast time is moving. I LOVE the picture collage and to have the comparison. It makes me a little sick though to see how little you've changed and how dang good you look.

Congrats to you both! You have an amazing relationship and I have no doubt you will be celebrating many many more.

Michelle said...

Congratulations & Happy Belated Anniversary!! You are an amazing twosome and have created a beautiful life/family together!