Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Big Girl Room


I've been meaning to post some pictures of Mallory's big girl room for a while now, but life got away from me. You know how that goes. Any way, about a 3 months ago we turned the guest room into Mallory's new room. We painted (two cute colors... a soft yellow and a super light salmon), installed a closet system, sewed curtains and got some cute furniture from Ikea. We moved her crib in there for the time being. We didn't know how she would 'take' to her new room (since I've heard/read horror stories about kids and change) but she loved it! She still gets excited to show her room to anyone new who comes over. Then about 3 weeks ago we switched Mallory into a big girl bed! (We were hoping that she could get out of the crib in enough time for BB to more into it... Gulp). Once again I was a little hesitate, not knowing if she was 'ready' to stay in bed at nap times and bed times... but we thought, what the heck the worse that can happen is that we have a bad nights sleep and have to put the crib back in. So we tried it. And once again, just to prove me wrong she was great with it! She's by no means perfect with it and we occasionally come in after a nap to find shoes, toy or books piled on her bed 'napping' with her. But all in all she is great and actually stays in bed in the morning waiting for one of us to come and get her up... she continues to impress me! Before this final arraignment of the furniture she was actually able to climb from her bed onto her dresser and once feel asleep up there!!!! So funny and so frightening. We have a video of it... I'll see if one of these days I can post it online. So after that, we rearranged (for the 3rd time) and spread all the furniture out! :) No more climbing! This past Sunday I made her the bedspread and a pillow to match the curtains... she loves the pillow and looked so grown up sleeping on it last night.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

I loved watching her crawl under her bed and then look to me to follow her. She is so dang cute!
Dad

Brianna said...

Tell her to stop growing up!! I can't believe how quickly this is all happening. We miss her :)

Katie said...

Such a cute room! I can see why she is in heaven in there. How sweet that she is so excited that she shows others to her room to have a look!

Comment from post below...
You look fantastic! Such a cute prego belly!

Janie said...

So, super, duper cute! You have such a good eye. I love it. The coloration is perfect. I am glad she is so good for you. How nice will that be for welcoming a new baby into the home. I can't believe she is big enough for a big girl bed :( No more growing until Aunt Janie can come and see you!

P.S. I can't believe she fell asleep on her dresser. She is going to be an aerialist or something like that when she gets older!

Michelle said...

Such a cute room! You are so good .. . sewing the curtains, pillow & comforter . . . wow!