Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 14, 2011

6 Months

At 24 weeks my little one is movin' and shakin'! I'm feeling BB under my ribs and on top of my bladder all at the same time (oh the annoyances of pregnancy that we quickly forget for the joys of a baby)! The heartburn that I had with Mallory is back. Food, water, air.... it doesn't matter all seem to induce it! I hate when it happen in an exam room and I have to pretend like there isn't a fire-breathing dragon charring the heck out of my esophagus!
Our little BB is now 12 inches long, about the size of a Combination Square Tool (what's that you ask.... it's apparently a ruler, and square edge and a level all in one... wow). :) This week it has gained over 4 ounces, tipping the scales at over 1 pound (ouch, guess I cant blame all the weight gain on this little one.... yet). All the bones in its inner ears are fully developed so it can now tell which way is up and down, it is too big to do cart-wheels anymore and should be sticking to slower turns and more defined punches/kicks. The cells in the lungs that produce surfactant are forming (which will help inflate the lungs once this little baby joins the outside world. Its skin is still translucent (though not for long), oh and my uterus is about the size of a soccer ball (no wonder I can hardly see my toes). Interesting (though somewhat disturbing fact...) starting at week 23 BB had a 20% survival rate in the outside world, but EVERY day that it stays in that rate will increase by 3%. Stay baby stay... I'll endure the heartburn a few more months.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Michelle said...

6 months . . . yay!! I'm so excited for BB to be here!!

dalendawn727 said...

DO NOT even think of having this beautiful grand baby of ours early. I can just see your mother jumping off some ride and flying out the gates of Disneyland to rush back because you are in labor. Of course she'd have to catch up with me!

Brianna said...

BELLY!!!

Janie said...

You look adorable!!!! You are so small and perfect. I think it is a boy :) I actually don't have any thoughts but I thought I would give you some encouragement.

I am with the mommy kid... stay put!

If I read the words torpedo belly one more time young lady, I am sending you to anorexia camp!! ;)

Can't wait to see you! I am planning a special photo trip for after BB comes out :)