Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 28, 2011

26 Weeks


This week our little BB weighs about 1.75 pounds and is around 14 inches long (that's just about the length of our Craftsman 7.2 volt cordless screw driver). BB will start to take some practice runs at the ol' breathing movements this week by inhaling and exhaling its amniotic fluid. Its little eye lids have been fused closed (up to this point) and are now starting to open now that his/her retina is completely developed. Some recent studies have been done on mental stimulation while inutero... 'they' have found that playing with your baby by pushing on your tummy and gently pushing body parts (as they roughly push into your ribs/bladder/kidneys/uterus...) actually really stimulates brain development! I was ALWAYS pushing on Mallory (so much so that mom thought that I might hurt her)... little did we know that I am the reason she is so darn smart now! :)

This is my last week before the third trimester starts! Woohoo! It's totally feeling like it too, my belly feels huge, lungs and bladder ever-shrinking, energy low (zzzzzz)... Keep on truckin' it's almost over... then I'll probably want BB back inside for some peace and quiet!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Katie said...

I know I say it every time...but it is so fun to read about the development! Keep pushing that baby around! We need some intelligent children in this crazy world!

Janie said...

I pushed on all the kids but a lot on Owen. Little did I know I was helping him! That is very cool.

The 3 tri will fly by and you will be loving that little baby. Can't wait to meet him/her.

Any names yet???

Michelle said...

Yay, its getting closer! We are so excited!!