Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

25 weeks


2/3 of the way done, time flies! I'm not sure why this pregnancy is going so much faster. Could be the fact that this time I have a toddler that I feel like most of my awake/home time is spent chasing, cleaning, entertaining, feeding, cleaning-up after.... or maybe it's some crazy space-time-warp and time is literally going faster.... yep I'm sure that's it.
Any way, at 25 weeks our little BB as grown about and inch and a half from last week and is now a startling 13 1/2 inches long (exactly the size of our Craftsman hammer) and weights about 1 1/2 pounds. Lots it going on with the little nugget this week.... The air sacs in its lungs are farming and its little nostrils are opening (though it's not ready to breath just yet). Its little vocal cords are developing and its reproductive organs are now fully formed/descended. The spinal structure is taking shape and its little hands are now totally formed and perfect. The skin is no longer transparent and is taking on more of an opaque appearance as it accumulates more and more fat.
I know that I have been SURE that little BB was a boy (just like I was for Mallory), but 2 days ago I started getting little pangs of doubt. Mainly because we have entered the hic-up stage (which cracks me up). This little one hic-ups a ton, JUST like Mallory did. Granted I have nothing else to compare BB to, so maybe all babies hic-up this much...but now the seed of doubt has been planted, so now I don't know. I guess part of the fun of not finding out the gender is this back and forth game (but right now it is feeling more like when you know someone has a secret and they wont tell you just yet, but they keep bring up how they really want to, but can't). Yeah, that's how it feels. If I think about it too much I get a little sick to my stomach and a little frustrated. I've been trying to get Mallory to tell me what gender it is (since I'm convinced they can communicate some how). She's not being much of a help (it might have to do with having no idea what the word gender is...) :)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Speciale said...

First off, I don't think I commented on your prego pix post, you look amazing!! From what you were saying I thought you were going to me mega mama, you are WRONG, just a cute little prego lady! :) I don't think this really makes a difference but I remember Eli had hiccups ALL the time as well, so there's another bug for your ear....

Brianna said...

She's responding to the issue that gender is socially constructed, but sex is genetic. You need to clarify your terms with her. Next time, ask her XX or XY?

Jessica said...

LOL, I was wondering where she was getting confused! Thanks for clearing that up! :)

Janie said...

I would go with the space/time warp theory because it is happening to me too! :)

I know time is flying but not fast enough to calm my curiosity about the gender/sex :). I too feel like it is a secret someone won't quit talking about. I was trying to remember if Owen had the hick-ups very often and I don't think so. He had them but I think just a few times. Reece had them so often it would go from cute to SUPER annoying. But is that a gender thing. You have brought up an interesting, scientific question.

Keep questioning Mallory! Put her under the lights if you have to, until she talks!

Katie said...

I love all the details about development! So fun!
I always wonder what it would have been like to wait to find out the gender. I love that you do that! Can't wait to find out who God has in store for you and Mathew!