Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Newness


I'm still amazed at how having a child changes... well, everything! Not only in my daily routine, but how I think about things. For instance, I now have no qualms about singing in public. And Lord knows that I don't have some magical voice that people are paying to hear. But Now I'll make up silly little songs about how to pick out the perfect vegetables while grocery shopping or how to figure out what size clothes/diapers she fits in. Mallory loves when I sing and will coo along with me (which makes the strange stares from strangers worth it).
Another thing that I have noticed is that I can now hardly even stomach watching TV shows or the news if it's about kidnapping/death/abuse...of a child. My heart just starts to ache and I get sick to my stomach! It's like I now have some cosmic connection to all other mothers and all of their kids. I just hurt for them when I see/hear about it.
Prior to Mallory when love songs would come on the radio I would always assume that they are all sung to lovers.... now I feel like all love songs are actually sung to babies/children. (Sorry Matthew)
Being a mom has just filled me a newness. It's truly amazing!!!

3 comments:

Janie said...

I love reading your posts like that and hearing your changes. Motherhood is amazing and there is no way you can make anyone understand until they experience it for themselves. You are such a good mommy!! love you and that family of yours!

Speciale said...

It's so true! :) You can try and imagine it all you want, but you just can't quite understand until you go through it. I love it!!

Brianna said...

Love it! I never knew how much love I could feel until I had these kids. Not more or less than love of Brian....completely different and all consuming. Aren't we all so lucky???