Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mom-Mom

For a while now Mallory had been 'talking'. She would babble things that sounded very close to 'hi' and 'mom' and we would all look at each other and think did she just say hi? or did she just say mom? I think it was just luck that those sounds went together more then she was actually actively saying them.
But this past Sunday there was no mistaking it.... she it talking! For days now I've been trying to figure out how to upload the audio I took of her talking from my phone... but to no avail. So you guys are going to have to try and say this like Mallory so that you can feel like you are hearing her talk. Yes you actually have to say it out loud to get the full effect. Mallory's voice it kind of husky.... think young/female Cookie Monster (that's right, my daughter sounds like Cookie Monster, and I think it's darn cute).
On Sunday Mallory was crawling around (when she crawls she looks like the offspring of a dinosaur and a military tank) and she started saying (ready... get your voice all geared up)... "mum, mum, mom, mom, momma, mom-mom, mom-mom". That's right her first word was mom! :) So cute! Not that she is really calling me mom... she seems to say it whenever she is excited! If she sees me its, 'mom-mom'. if she seems Matthew, its 'mom-mom'. As shes crawling to grab Sonny's tail, it's 'mom-mom'! Its very cute. Especially when I go and get her up from bed and she snuggles into my neck and says it! It's like someone poured warm honey over my heart.
Today she has started to mix it up though and along with 'mom-mom' she is saying BaaBaa.
Pretty sure that this little lady is going to be quite a talker (I probably wont think it's so cute when I cant get her to be quite)!

1 comment:

Brianna said...

This is so exciting! I will have to teach her how to say Auntie Brie on Sunday :)