Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What a Morning!


This morning as I was sitting on the couch feeding Mallory and I was watching Krush (our cat) go slinking across the floor, behind the chair. I thought that he was just being neurotic, when all of a sudden a large bird (I think it was a Nuttall's Woodpecker) flew out from behind the chair. Krush went zipping after it, followed by Sonny who was whining and barking at this uninvited guest. I sat there watching this whole thing and I couldn’t help but laugh as I started singing the “there was an old woman who swallowed a fly…” song to my little baby. Mallory was a trooper, and didn’t get too distracted.
The funny part came when I tromped around the house trying to catch the wild bird. I swear, between Krush, Sonny and me we had that poor bird fighting for its little life. It flew on to the fan, so I turned it on, thinking it would fly off. Nope! So I was there, standing in the middle of our coffee table trying to scare the bird down, while at the same time telling Mallory that standing on the furniture is not allowed and mommy is just being silly. Mallory sat there cooing and smiling as she watched the entire circus act. Finally the bird flew behind the microwave and I was able to throw a towel over it and let it go outside. Miraculously I made it to my mom’s to drop Mallory off and was still 10 minutes early to work! Wahoo, what a morning!

4 comments:

Brianna said...

So much excitement in your house!!! From one mother to another though, I doubt you need to explain to Mallory at this age that she shouldn't climb on the furniture :) But, she could surprise us all!

dalendawn727 said...

A bird on the fan is worth two in the Krush.
Dad

Katie said...

I could completely visualize your circus! So funny! I would have paid to be there for it!

Janie said...

That is a very exciting morning. How come you get birds in your house and I get yellow jackets!!