Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Somebody Slap Me!

Ok, to all the ladies out there, I think that you all will totally relate to what I'm talking about. (Heck and maybe some of you men too...) You know when you just can't get out of your own head? I mean, no matter what someone/anyone says you are there, in your head, over-thing everything????? I know it's just not me... right? For example, this has been happening A LOT since I've been back at work... I go into a room to see a patient, and the client has found out that I have just had a baby (either from the receptionist, or the tech, or they had seen me before)... with out fail the client will say something to the effect of "Wow, you look great!" So no there I am thinking to myself 'do they mean wow I look great...PERIOD, or wow I look great...considering I just having a baby, but if I hadn't just had a baby they would be thinking that I look like I need to be spending more time at the gym...you know some more squats, a few more tricep dips and a handful more sit-ups wouldn't hurt... oh and while you're at it add a few more miles to that run your doing...'
So there I am KNOWING that they are probably being really, really sweet, but paying me a genuine complement... but there's that crazy woman inside of me that just can't stop OVER thinking it all.
One client actually said that 'you look great for having a 2 month old'... so nice, right? Well all I could think was, 'what if I had told you I have a 2 year old... would I STILL look 'great'?' As I am typing this I sort of want to slap myself for being so silly... but I'm just trying to be honest about it all (the whole pre/post baby experience).
I know it's silly, but there are times when I can't seem to get out of my own head. So my goal for the rest of this week (and hopefully forever) is to just realize that a compliment is a compliment and I don't have to analyze it! Maybe you can all help me be accountable for this goal... please! :)

6 comments:

Janie said...

You are the silliest silly I have ever met. It's totally good to write these experiences. Where as I might be able to relate, I can tell people are being genuine. What they mean when they say that is "I totally looked like a fatty when I had my baby! How dare you look so good!" No more head for you! I want to see a huge smile on that pretty face next time someone tells you how great you look. (although I won't really be able to see you :) )

Janie said...

P.S. Brianna and I are getting fat just to make you feel really good about yourself. We are so self sacrificing. :)

Brianna said...

Janie is right. Here we are doing our best to gain as much weight as possible and you are feeling sorry for yourself and your hot body :) But, seriously, you don't look great for just having a baby. You just LOOK GREAT. For real. I would totally tell you if I thought you needed some more squats :) I honestly didn't know that you had the same body image problems as the rest of us...kind of comforting actually. Love you!!!

Jer said...

Ditto Brianna's comment. AND i'm gaining weight for you too..and I haven't had a baby. SO THERE. But that being said...i need to come check out your rear-end for myself sometime soon. :)

Speciale said...

um yah, I may not have seen you but pretty sure no ones backside is as jiggly as mine right now! Haha.

dalendawn727 said...

Dear God, thank you So much for letting me a man. Forever thankful, Dale.