Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 1, 2010

Baby Dedication


Now to finish up this wonderful weekend (before another one starts), Sunday morning Mallory Rose was dedicated in our church! It was a great service and a very sweet dedication, for both Mallory and my good friends Liz's kids (Jackson and Annaliese). During the dedication the pastor asked the church body if they were/are willing to help raise Mallory to follow God and if they are willing to help Matthew and myself in any way we need, say 'yes'. The 'YES' that came from our "little" (hahaha) group was amazing. It's wonderful and humbling to know that we have so many people out there that want to help/be a part of this little girls life! Around 25 of our closest family and friends were able to come to the event (we missed all of you who didn't make it) and Mallory's godfather (Russell) and godmother (Brianna) were able to stand up there with us and pray for Mallory. A fun little side note about the dedication gown that Mallory is wearing... The lace that is on it is made from flax that my grandpas grandma (so Mallory's great, great, great grandma) planted, grew and then turned into lace!!!!! Isn't that AMAZING?!?! The gown itself is only around 32 years old, but it was worn by Jeff, myself, Tyler and Thomas during our dedications! Ahhhh tradition! (It makes me want to break out in songs from Fiddler on the Roof)! Any way, after the service there was a lunch at the church, then the crew all trekked over to my folks house for dinner. It was a whole day of Mallory-based fun!
At one point I walked down to hall way to see where everyone (including my baby) were, and THIS is what I found...

It was like (almost) ALL of the ladies at the party gravitated to Mallory and they were all there talking/laughing/and loving on her! It was a beautiful and funny sight!

3 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

Of course while all the women were playing with the baby, all the men were cooking, cleaning, and replacing the lawn irrigation!!

dalendawn727 said...

only as it should be! grandma Dawn(Nawnie)

Janie said...

What a wonderful day! That is so cool about the lace!! And I would like to hear you sing Fiddler on The Roof songs.

You just wait until you turn 30! Wow will I have some jokes for you! :) You did make me laugh though despite the pain! I'm off to the chiropractor, again! Have a great day.