Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, October 11, 2010

Nick-Names



This weekend my good friend Jeralyn met Mallory for the first time (I'll write more about that as soon as I get the pictures uploaded). She asked me what nick-names I call her... to MOST people a nick-name is some shorted version of a name but for those of you who have ever payed attention to what I call things, you will know that to me a nick-name is a elongated version of your name. I don't know why I do it, I just do. Rarely do I actually shorten a name, adding to it is much more fun. Here are a few examples: Matthew= Matthew-Man, Sonny= Sonny-bear, Krush= Krushtapher, Janie= Janie-Baker, Brie= Brie-silent-anna, Jeralyn= Miss Jeralyn... you get the point. It's fun... to me at least!
So it was cute that Jeralyn knows me well enough to know that I wouldn't JUST call Mallory, Mallory. The three nick-names that naturally come out of my mouth are; Mallory Rose, My Little Love Bug and Bright Eyes. Sometimes she even gets Stinky-Pant-McGee or Cranky-Pants-McGee, if the situation calls for it! :)

1 comment:

Janie said...

After reading this, I realized I do the same thing. I've never noticed before. Reece is Reecie Bell. Olivia is Gracey Lou. Shane is almost always Shane Marcus. I call Brie Brianna Michelle and at home when I talk about you I also use your middle name. How weird. Maybe it's a disease you gave me.

I think it's your way of saying, "I love you more than you are", if that makes sense. It's very sweet.