Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Just A Small Task

Ok, I feel as though I may be loosing my brain! No, really. It's leaving and I don't know how to stop it! :)
On Monday I started doing some deep cleaning... so I was scrubbing the baseboards of the house, which then lead to cleaning the walls and doors. It was then that I realized that there were quite a few nicks in the paint/small stains in the wall. So I thought why not do a little touch up painting. Suuuuuuuuure sounds easy enough. So I grabbed the living room color and touched that up, then went to grab the hallway/entryway/dining color. As I was walking out the the garage I was saying to myself 'don't grad the glossy paint, don't grab the glossy paint' (because when we bought the house it was all one color, kitchen and bathrooms were the same color but in glossy). Any way. I went about the touch-ups, happy that all this little tasks was almost done. When I was just about finished I realized that yep, I HAD grabbed the glossy paint! Grrrrrrr! So annoying, but not a big deal. I went and found the right paint and went about painting over the dried glossy paint. After I finished I realized that for some reason the new coat of paint was actually a few shades lighter then what the walls were! (Sorry the pictures not great).AHHHHHHHHHH! I don't know if it was because the paint had been siting there for 3 years or what (Yes it was TOTALLY mixed). Soooooo.... I ended up painting the entire entryway, hallway, dining area! No easy feat with a toddler that wants to help! So much for a small little task!

4 comments:

Janie said...

That is so frustrating!!!!! I am sorry. I bet you are glad you are not working quite yet. That would just add more for you to be doing. I am impressed that you just decided to repaint everything right then and there. I probably would have waited until someone could take the kids. I should expect nothing less from you though ;)"Get it done Jessie" should be your nick name :)

Speciale said...

Hahaha, while that's frustrating also funny :) Well at least you're house got a mini face-lift, that's always good right? :)(not that it needs it, you're such a great decorator)

dalendawn727 said...

Sounds like you need a little more practice and I would be willing to let you practice on our cealing...I'm nice that way.
Dad

Brianna said...

Hillllllarious :) That's why I don't do anything like painting or scrubbing...