Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vacation #4



The last day of your little cruise was in Nassau (pronounced like a southerner saying N.A.S.A.). It’s the capital of the Bahamas, so one of the most populated islands in the Bahamas. Countless building were painted either pink or yellow (after the national bird the Flamingo or the national flower the Yellow Elder)… it was quite a sight. We had the entire day to spend there, so in the morning we ended up finding a cabbie to take us on a 2 hour tour of Nassau. It was super interesting. After the tour we got back on the boat, ate some lunch then headed back out for a little ‘swim’ with stingrays!!!! Cool, I know! We had swum with them in Tahiti and I LOVED it, so I jumped at the opportunity to do it again. This time it was a little different, not bad just different. Instead of cruising in a boat to the stingrays local hang-out spot (as we did in Tahiti), we were taken by boat to another little Cay (key) where they have bunch of them all corralled up (they do breeding/studying/translocation with them). So it didn’t quite feel as ‘natural’ but was neat to see the pregnant ones and to learn all about their breeding/behavior/gestation… all that ‘nerdy’ stuff that I love. Then it was back to Nassau and back on the boat. The next morning we woke up in Miami and were back in San Francisco by 10:30 that night. It was a whirlwind trip but it was wonderful! The best part was that Matthew and I got to spend some much needed US time. Its amazing how instantly (and permanently) a couple goes from their life revolving around each other/themselves to revolving around a child. Not that it’s a bad thing at all, but it was wonderful to see Matthew as someone other then just an amazing father to Mallory and remember him as my doting husband and lover. (yeah, you all can puke now).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Janie said...

HOLY STINGRAY HOLDING!!!!!

That is so cool. What a nice little vacation. Shane and I need one of those but it will be a while until I can leave the little one.

and bye the way, I am totally puking!! ;) just teasing, I think it's cute.

Speciale said...

OKay I am catching up on blogs becaue I've also had a sick computer and am just now back up. ANyway with that said: WOW, what a last minute VACA!! Why didn't you tell me this before, I could have hid in your bag :)