Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

All Grown Up


A few weeks ago we got together with Dave, Rebecca and Cody. I love, love, love this picture because Matthew and Dave have been best buddies for just about ever and when they get together they still act and talk kind of like they are in junior high school, but yet here they are as Daddies!!!! It’s kind of a mind trip. For all your Healdsburg Higher, all you have to do is think back to our senior year and giggle when you think of the things they did (or ‘didn’t’ do).
But somehow these two hoodlums turned into wonderful husbands and loving, attentive, gentle fathers. I am so proud of them both. Becca, we did well!
Speaking of Fathers…. Matthew just got to celebrate his very first Fathers Day! We all had a wonderful time! Matthew got to pick how we spent the day, and all he wanted to do was be with Mallory and me and see the dad’s. So in the morning we opened a few gifts… Mallory had to break him in right and got her Daddy the obligatory ‘ties for fathers day gift.’ We then went and hung out with my dad at the folk’s house, eating, playing horse shoes and swinging in the (new) hammock. That afternoon/evening Robert came over to out house to play. Mallory had a great time showing off in her ‘Crab Pool’ (I’ll post pictures about that soon), while we all enjoyed some frozen beverages and BBQ.
We all had such a great time. It made me realize what a blessed life I lead, having such a wonderful husband to be the father of my baby girl AND to live within minutes of both my Daddy and my Pops! I love you all.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Janie said...

They are such cute little trouble makers! And I do mean Dave and Matthew. :)

The kids are adorable too!! I'm glad you had a nice Father's Day. I forgot it would be Matthew's first. I'm sorry you have been so busy but so glad you are employed.

dalendawn727 said...

It really was a great day and I would just like to say what a kind and wonderful daughter you are to always let me win at horse shoes, cribbage, ect.
Dad

Speciale said...

So fun! It is a trip to think about my friends getting older and all of us having families, so I can relate! So cute what a fun Fathers Day