Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Work

I am just finishing up my 3rd full week of work at my new job! Time has that crazy effect of making time fly by, yet at the same time, making it feel like I’ve been working there a long time already. Any way… It’s going…well. The first week was tough. Not like case-load tough, but emotionally tough. I was more or less shadowing the owner, getting a feel for how his hospital runs/their protocols/the clients/patients.… and I have to be honest, shadowing sucks! I am such a hands on person that not getting to do things myself was torturous.
The second week I was there mostly by myself, and in 4 days I had 2 emergency Pyometra surgeries to perform (that’s when the uterus is infected and FULL of pus or necrotic and literally shredding into dead-smelling pieces). Mmmmmmm. Both those surgeries went great! I love to cut! And it was nice to have 2 HUGE surgeries to ‘show off’ some of my skills. The owner was impressed and said that he was shocked that I had 2 pyo’s, since he hasn’t seen one in more then 5 years! (I just kept waiting for the third, since things always seem to come in 3’s).
This week was pretty mellow in comparison to last week. Just steadily busy. I have had a slew of new clients come in, so that’s really nice.
I don’t feel like I’m at home when I walk in the door… as I did at the last hospital. I feel like I’m there as an employee, like I’m there to work on animals (which is still fun) and to earn a pay check. I’m sure most of you are thinking, ‘Uh, that’s what a J.O.B. is,’ but not for me. It had always been someplace that I couldn’t wait to go to and wasn’t ever in a huge hurry to leave. Oh well, so things are a little different now. That’s ok. I’m still just getting the hang of it, right?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janie said...

You are at a job so much, it's nice to feel at home while you are there. I'm glad it's working out. I hope it just gets better and better.