Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010


Wow! It was quite a weekend! WE did lots of things, and I'll try to get to all of them over the next few days. So to start it off, I am now 14 weeks along! I can't believe how fast time is flying! It's wonderful and frightening all at the same time. So this week the little Gremlin is 3 1/2 inches long! Yep, that's about the size of a large lemon. Our little one is starting to do all sort of "real baby" things like making breathing movements, making facial expressions, sucking it's thumb, it's peeing (so it's kidneys are working)and it's liver and spleen are working (so I get some help making more red blood cells... it's about time!). Yesterday I went with my friend Liz (who is my neighbor AND is 7 week pregnant with her 3rd baby)... any way we went maternity clothes shopping which was a blast. But what was REALLY helpful we the time she spent with me walking up and down the baby section of Target talking to me about all the things that MAtthew and I do and do NOT need! Because prior to yesterday I was totally in the dark about all the different types/brands/sizes of things (nipples/nuks/breast pumps...). There are SOOOOOOO many things! Thank you Liz for your help, and for the great day!

4 comments:

Janie said...

That is nice to talk to someone who has been through the ropes because there is a lot of "stuff" out there and it's hard to know what is helpful and what is junk. I love that you know so much about your baby. Pays to be a doc.

Speciale said...

Yay! I'm so excited! I love all your pictures and details about the gremlin, its so interesting and makes it all the more fun!!

dalendawn727 said...

There's so much...easy to be overwhelmed...So I've decided to knit as much stuff for you as possible, clothes, toys, blankets, pacifiers, carseats, strollers, bottles...I could be on to something here!

liz said...

It was a total blast hanging out with you!!!!! It was fun shopping with you... even though that darn button popped off!!! I guess I am getting fat.. oh wait.. my baby is getting bigger.. right???? :) I love that you are comparing your baby to fruit... how do you know that?????? Any time you want to go shopping and want to refresh on what to get and not to get.. let me know!! You are a true delight and I am just so thankful to be getting to know you..!! Rest well mama!!