Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ahwww it's a baby!

I have decided that the ultrasound machine is one of the coolest medical devices ever invented. I mean, in my profession I use mine on almost a daily occurrence, and yeah it's cool.... but it wasn't until 2 weeks ago I found out how utterly AMAZING they really are! At 6 weeks pregnant Matthew and I had our first U/S and our little Gremlin was a cute little dot with a fluttering little heartbeat. Then at our next Dr. appt. they did another U/S and my heart melted. The little dot had become a baby. I know what you all are thinking... "dhuuuhhh, that's what's supposed to happen", and I know that. But I can't even explain how amazing it was to see our baby. We could see it's little fingers and long arms as they waved around, it's body and heart beating, then it flipped over and showed us it's little butt and long legs and little feet. It was just phenomenal to see that I have a little person growing inside me. One that moves and swims about. We got to see it's cute little profile. I can't believe how much I already love this little baby! Oh and for those of you who don't know, we are not planing to find out the sex of the little Gremlin! :)

6 Weeks= awhhh it's a dot










10 weeks= awhhh it's a baby

3 comments:

Janie said...

Did you cry at your second U/S when you saw it looked like a baby? I totally cried at Olivia's.

So you already had two U/S so will you have another one at 20 weeks? I am in heaven with your blog.

Kevin said...

Well, I don't know what Matthew's family brings to the table, but your cousins on your father's side are mostly producing girls. We were at 8 girls out of 11 cousins last time I counted. So I'm putting my money on a pink Gremlin.

Jer said...

Hmmm... You think you'll be able to avoid seeing 'it' with your u/s skills? I'm impressed with your blogging, btw.

(there's another one for you to google)