Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 29, 2010

What a great day!

What I wonderful day I had yesterday! Thursdays are my half days at work, so that always means the days is off to a good start. But after work I went and met Jeralyn (one of my dear friends from hell.... I mean vet school) and her boyfriend Jon (and their sweet dog Bunsen) in Santa Rosa for lunch! Jon had to head to S.R. for work and it was Jeralyns day off! It was so nice to see them, they live in Sac (area) so it's not like it's all that far away, but life is crazy busy most of the time and we just don't seem to be able to find time to get together like we should. It was wonderful to see them, thanks for the visit... Jeralyn I owe you $20 you little punk! :)


Next I met Matthew at the Baby-Doctors appointment! Up until getting pregnant, I had never been so excited about going to the doctors. Now every month I'm chompin' at the bit to get in there and see/hear my little Gremlin! Any way Yesterday we got to listen to the heart beat, AMAZING! It's so funny, because I listen to SOOOOO many heart beats every day, yet THIS one was beautiful! I felt like crying! It was so cute... weesh-a-weesh-a-weesh-a-weesh-a...!!!!! I loved it. You know that saying, that you can tell if you are having a boy or a girl based on heart rate (faster vs. slower)? Well our little one was right in the middle (140), so it didn't even give us a little clue. Oh well. So while we were listening to the weesh-a-weesh-a-weesh-a-weesh-a sound, every 4 or 5 seconds a "thwaping" sound would occur. Our Dr. said that she was surprised that I hadn't felt the baby because apparently our little one is WAY active, and kept kicking/batting around! Cute now... I'm not sure I'll like it so much in 4 months when the baby runs out of room in there! :)
Then yesterday evening I went over to Liz's house for dinner with her and the kiddo's. So much fun. Her youngest (Jackson) runs around saying "Wecka, Ckooo-koo", which translated means "Jessica, you are that lady with the chickens, let's go and see them." Yes I know, he's way of talking is much more efficient. Liz and I stayed up chatting until past 9:30 (which is dang late for 2 pregnant broads!) What a great day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably going to be a hockey player. Girls play too you know!
Dad

Janie said...

I have formulated an opinion! Surprising I know! I think you are having a boy. Think about it. If it was a girl the heart beat would have been faster but it couldn't be normal slow for a boy because he's so active! Do you see my reasoning? So you have a active boy. If it were an active girl the heart rate would have been like 180 :)

That's so nice you got to see Jeralyn! That's great she is in sac. I didn't know that. Are her and her boyfriend serious? A few posts ago your dad asked if I was going to address your spelling issues? Do you want me to or no? I have plenty of my own!! But you have been making some pretty funny ones. Let me know. Love ya

liz said...

so fun seeing you too!!!!! My kids just LOVE you!!! Jackson walks around saying "Wecka Ckoo-koo" all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was fun seeing you today at the game!!! GO MATTHEW!!!!