Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas just seems like such a big topic to cover! Over the coarse of 3 days we saw so many people, got so many gifts and ate so much food! So I think that I'll just take it day by day. That way I don't overwhelm you all or myself with all the stories/pictures.
So Christmas eve we always get together at my parents house and make Cabbage Bread (a German dish), they are sooooooo yummy! But making them together as a family is half the fun.


I swear every year we all debate the amount of each of the ingredients. We actually had a recipe at one point, but it has mysteriously disappeared over the years. This is a picture of Dad and Matthew cutting up all the onions. You can't tell, but they both had tears streaming down their face and their eyes were burning! It was so funny. Don't cry boys.

Jeff and Lindsay came down from Oregon to spend Christmas with us! It was so wonderful to see them.They hadn't seen little miss Mallory since she was a few weeks old, so it was neat to watch them play with her (now that she's such a big girl).

3 comments:

Janie said...

I've never heard of this bread. How weird. It was nice to see Jeff and Lindsey in your pictures. How great that they could come for the holiday. Don't you just love Christmas traditions!

dalendawn727 said...

It was so awsome to have all of the kids home and now have sweet Mallory to join us. Thanks to everyone for their help cooking...my Grandma Reitz would have been proud!
Dad

Speciale said...

I LOVE family traditions! It makes the holidays even more fun. Aren't you just SO excited for future Christmas's with your kids?? It'll get all the more magical and fun!