Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2014

What's In A Name?

Well, after over 38 hours of thinking and reading and talking it over, Matthew and I found a name we really liked and that seemed to fit our new mans looks... Darren Matthew Klein! Its a name that feels unique/old fashioned but without being too strange if dated. It is still strange to say his name out loud and to him. I keep wanting and have called him Wesley because that's the little boy name I'm used to saying. I'm hoping in a few days it will roll off my tongue better. Oh, the other thing about his name that I like is that it is an Irish name that means 'born at night'. So perfect! Mallory was actually NOT happy about the name. She was really set on Elmo and didn't know why she couldn't pick his name. As mallory was holding him tonight she had big crocodile  tears in her eyes as she said 'but momma, I have never got to name a baby before.' Ahhhh poor thing. I told her that when she's a mommy she can name every single one of her babies. That seemed to appease her for the time being.
Darren was circumcised today and both Matthew and I went and watched! It was very cool to see! And I was proud of Matthew for wanting to be there (I mean we are talking about a man who goes white at the sight of blood). Granted he was in a seat with a back, with a boxed juice and sitting a good 8-10 feet from the table...but he was there and made it through without passing out! And Darren handled it like a champ!
Plus, tomorrow we get to go home! Though truth be told, I am sooooo greatful for the extra time that I had to be here. It was a forced mini vacation where Darren and I got to snuggle, bond, great visitors, send visitors away (my kids included) and even nap a little (without feeling like I should be doing laundry/dishes/cleaning...) So for that I am sooooo greatful. But I am ready to be home and tuck my big kids into bed, kiss their sweaty faces when they get up from a nap, smile a I listen to Mallory read to Wesley and I am ALMOST excited for the fighting/tantrums/pouting that is just a normal part of every 2 & 3 year olds lives. I said ALMOST. ;) Plus when I get home I will hopefully have a chance to write out Darren's birth story (since it was too hard on my phone).

1 comment:

Janie said...

Beautiful pictur of him! The name is beautiful and I'm glad you decided to keep it. Wish I could have been one of those visitors! I read the birth story and will comment soon. When I'm home and not on my phone.