Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

BK3's Baby Shower

I can’t even tell you how adorable this baby shower was! And how grateful I am for having such wonderful moms in my life! My mom and MIL really outdid themselves… especially considering my original comment to them was something to the effect of “I don’t really want a baby shower, I just want some way of getting everyone here to sign the baby guessing board.” Somehow that must have translated to “Please throw me an elaborate, adorable, sophisticated and perfect baby shower.” Gee am I glad they listen to me ;)
Really though, it was so nice. It was nursery rhyme based (since that’s what I’m doing BK3’s nursery in). Mom had all these cute ‘little’ touches… including the nursery rhymed food/labels,  old and new nursery rhyme books, beautiful antique-looking nursery rhyme banners and pennants. She even designed a cute nursery rhyme game (only one mind you, because we know how much I despise baby shower games). There was the gender/weight signing board (which was the only reason I had originally wanted the shower), and mom came up with a cute little rhyme that prompted people to write their own for us. I can’t tell you how darn cute those rhymes all turned out! I think that I am going to type a few of them up and frame them for the nursery.
And though I CLEARLY told people NO gifts (I mean we have EVERYTHING this kid could need….as far as I know) people still brought gifts. It was really sweet… we now have a TON of diapers and wipes (because let’s face it, you can NEVER have enough), adorable NEW (not hand-me-down) stuffed animals and outfits for either gender, soft blankets, play on blankets, a sound machine, collage money (SWEET!), and of cores the traditional gifts that each of our babies have gotten from the grandmothers;
From Joyce a one of a kind custom created hand drawn circle art based on the nursery theme. So stunning and detailed! A piece of art that they can each take with them through life.
From Mom a one of a kind custom created hand knit with love blanket… actually TWO! A supper soft one that this baby will sleep with possibly forever (as each of the others still do EVERY NIGHT). And one that is beautiful, elaborate, stylish and so perfectly untraditional that I use/drape over the rocking chair and may never give back to the kids (because I love them)!
Once again I was blown away by the sheer number of people who came to the shower. I consider myself such a solitary person, very independent and with little need for the affirmation of a large group of friends. But as I looked around Sunday at those 35 women there to love on me, support me, help me and give thanks for this new baby I was overcome by how truly grateful I and blessed I am to have each and every one of you/them in my life. Thank you all for being there. And thank you for your love and friendship (even if I don’t call on it as much as I should!) Thank you!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Such an adorable and gorgeous shower! Your moms really did a fabulous job with everything, especially all the little touches! Xavier & I had a great time!

Janie said...

Your mommies are the best! That is one adorable baby shower!!! I love all of e food and nursery ryhme signs. Your mom is so dang clever. That will be a frat nursey theme. Charlotte's theme is "where is baby four going to fit?" Poor girl. We won't show her your kids rooms ;-)

I'm so sad that once again I couldn't be there. It makes me happy to see how absolutely loved you are by so many people. Can't wait to see BK3!

Anonymous said...

ヅ Great Website to ♫ PLAY ♫ Free Online ღღღ Games daily✔ Updated✔ ☛ http://goo.gl/oVxu7v
Dont Forget to Watch our ✔YouTube Videos and SUBSCRIBE [✔Dijan'sToyChannel YouTube✔] Here ☛ http://goo.gl/AVFBW7