Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

JANIE!

 
I had wanted to do a big, long blog about the Chapman visit… but now that it’s almost been 3 weeks I’m realizing that I just need to post some pictures and do a little blog about it.
Janie and her beautiful family came to visit for 4 days (in reality I only saw her for 2 ¼)… and I’m sure if she could stay for a month it wouldn’t be long enough, so you can imagine how short 4 days seemed! It was a beautiful weekend (shockingly hot) so we spent most of the time outside, chatting, watching the kids play (Frozen… The movie, what else?!?), going on walks, nursing our babies and just loving being in each other’s company! It was such a joy to meet their newest little addition Charlotte (aka Lottie). She is Beautiful! And so mellow! Oh, and with the most adorable husky little cry I’ve ever heard. Janie looks stunning (as always) and I sat in ‘ah’ as I watched her juggle parenting 4 kids…while traveling!!!!! Very impressive! She also was able to help me a ton with the G.F. eating! It was so wonderful to see them all, but it felt like heaven to spend so much time with Janie! It’s like my entire childhood/adolescence and adulthood comes back and converges all in one person! Janie is truly that person where our friendship standstill and flourishes all at the same time. She has always been there, even if it’s in a different state (though I do keep trying to get her back here) especially since our kids get along sooooooo well!!!!! I even offered her to opportunity to move in with us… here, at my parents! They wouldn’t mind another 6 people!

Any way, it was a wonderful visit. Practically magical! Thank you all for making the long trip out! I love you each!


3 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

I agree! it was awesome having you here, Baker, and to get to see Shane was a definite bonus. If it meant you would come back we certainly would let you stay at our house. Dawn and I would just move in with the goats....not a baaaad idea.

Brianna said...

I love this post. Though, I wish I could have been there. In the future...we will have a picture of all 16 of us :)

Janie said...

This trip was exactly what I hoped it would be. And the words you posted, it's like you took them straight from my head! It leaves me longing to come every month!!! I love you and your entire family. Being there was like coming home. Alright, I need to save the mush for my own blog post! Wish you were there too Brie! And Dale, I like your thinking! I'll even pick up some extra comfy straw ya ;-)