Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2014

G.F.


Literally from the day that Darren was born he was stinky! I don’t just mean sour… I mean nose hair singeing rotten-like sour! I jokingly told him that if this is how the next 18 years are going to be then he is going to be living in a tent outside! Seriously! Rotten! I figured that, like with my other 2 it was something I was eating… probably dairy (like the others). And as a side note I wasn’t smelling like roses either (gag!). So I removed all dairy. Nope, we both were still rotten. I tried the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, apple sauce and toast) for 48 hours… still rotten. Then I thought (horrors of horrors) maybe it’s due to the bread/pastas (aka the gluten). Now for the past 8 days I have removed gluten and dairy and I am doing great, Darren is doing better. Still gassier then either of the other 2 kids ever were, but no longer painful/uncomfortable and not nearly as rotten. Sigh! I am hoping that as both of our hormone levels level out we’ll be able to get back on gluten and that Darren isn’t always going to need a special diet… but we’ll see. As of now I am learning how to eat gluten free… it’s not as bad as I thought, but still not super fun. If anything, I figure it’s a great (forced) diet!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't picture a life without pasta! Just kidding----mother's do what they have to for their kiddos so if for now you're both gluten free that's the way it is. There are so many items out there now----I see them all the time----it won't be hard. Take care of yourself and kiss those 3 babies for me (oh, one for Matthew too)Love you, Aunt Dottie

Janie said...

I'm laughing, one, because I got to smell the little tyke; not fun. And two, I used to say it was a good forced diet too... Until I learned all the ropes! I really hope it ends for both of you!