Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Great Food Adventure


From the moment that Mallory was born I have been excited about feeding her, whether it was breast milk, pumped milk or dipping her pacifier into the random liquids I was drinking. Now that she is 4 months old we get to start introducing solid foods. And by solid foods, I mean mushed up paste-like food with breast milk added to make it more like liquid. (How is that solid food????) :) ANY WAY. I LOVE the faces that babies make when they are eating foods that they love/hate or have just tried for the first time... I just think it's so cute (I know what you are thinking, 'cute until I get it spat all over my face). True. In my perfect little world I am doing to make and freeze as much of Mallory's food as possible (for now). Not only is it more healthy, but it's way cheaper! So after talking with people and doing a boat-load of reading about how to make home made baby food, I have learned that Avocado is one of the best first foods... who knew?!?! And its way easy to prepare! So the other night we started the great solid food adventure! Mallory LOVED the avocado and would get mad if it didn't go into her mouth fast enough. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, she is a Klein after all. I was a little disappointed though because she never once made the funny faces that I was looking forward to. Oh well, maybe she'll do with the next food we try.
What a big girl she's becoming!

3 comments:

Heffe said...

I can wait till Mallory's around 5 years old and I can start introducing her to beer...We'll start off with some thing easy like a Pilsner or American lager then move to red ales, pales, IPA's, CDA's, stouts, porters and end it all with some barrell aged sour beers. It's going to be so much fun!!! I think I'm going to start drinking right now so that I can get prepared.

Brianna said...

I can't believe it's time already! I haven't seen you in forever! When I get over being sick, I want to come see you guys and watch her eat :)

Janie said...

I knew... so I tried avocado first for both of my girls and neither one were big fans which is crazy because avocado is the BOMB! So good job Mallory. You have have excellent taste!