Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

All Too Quickly...


The other day my little family was hanging out with Brie and her kids at the park by our house. It was so lovely! Bries daughter is 2, and just about the cutest little thing.... but she IS defiantly 2! And according to Brie has started to assert her 2 year old self. Brie does a really great job letting Addison be 2, yet at the same time reminding her that she's the mom and the one in charge. It's really fun now to watch parents be parents. I find myself constantly watching, in aw, silently taking notes of all the things that I will someday need to be doing. That was the thought that made it all so real...despite the fact that Mallory was sleeping so quietly and peaceful in the stroller it was easy to imagine that someday (in the pretty near future) she and I are going to be going through the same sort of struggle... (and if she takes after either of her parents she is going to have a stubborn streak that runs deep). She one day will have a voice. She one day will have an opinion. And she one day be able to TELL me just how she feels and just what she thinks. Wow! That's a frightening thought. I'm not ready for that to happen yet! I feel as though I wish I could stop time, like I need to relish THIS period in her life, because I now realize just how quickly she seems to be growing up! All too quickly there will come a time when she doesn't want to snuggle on my lap, or let me dress her up or pose for cute mommy/daughter pictures. Sigh!
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Janie said...

It definitely goes too fast. I'm glad you are enjoying parenthood. There's nothing like it.

Katie said...

Unless you have one like mine...almost 18 and still wants to snuggle in bed and have me read her to sleep. :)
Ahh... there are so many points in their little lives that I want to stop time! All before 15 though, after that I would vote for speeding it up till around 20! :)

Love the picture of you and Mallory!