Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A word of warning to all

All people heed this warning (because it may keep you out of trouble someday). NEVER call a woman, let alone a pregnant woman FAT! A little bit ago I was asked by someone (who shall remain nameless to protect the Innocent) how I was doing/feeling. I was excited to show off the little 'Baby-Bump' that I am starting to develop so I lifted the bottom of my shirt to show this person. The individual then turned to Matthew and said "Gee, that's the fattest I have ever seen her." I stood there so shocked, hurt and very self contuse that I couldn't even talk! Now, despite the fact that the statement may very well be true, it is NEVER a good idea to say the "F" word to a woman that is growing a baby insider her! I mean I already have to wake up in the morning and say to myself "look at how big the BABY is getting" just to remind myself that it is not ME who is getting larger... it is the baby. I am still eating healthy, going to the gym and trying to stay fit. The LAST thing that I wanted to hear was that I am the fattest I have ever been! (can you tell I am still hurt by this comment?) I've been working on letting it go, because I know it wasn't said to be mean, but man, I'm having a hard time doing that! So just a word of warning to all the people who get to watch my tummy grow... I know that it's getting larger, but it's supposed to, THERES A BABY IN THERE, IT"S NOT FAT! I am not sitting on my behind eating bonbons and doughnuts (though those do sound good), I am growing a new life! :) Gee, I feel better. Thanks for letting me vent!

6 comments:

Janie said...

Although I am laughing my head off right now, I totally feel for you. When I was prego with Liv, one of Shane's friends looked me up and down and then informed Shane that his tiny wife would never get as big as I was when she was pregnant!! I was so pissed! I wanted to slap him and then hide from the world.

I think your beautiful Jess and I always will. Plus you have more self control than I do so you will be a perfectly adorable pregnant woman. Love ya

Anonymous said...

We all know its not you, its "BABY FAT!!!!!" LoL GMA Joyce

Jer said...

Ha! Well..I'll judge for myself, but I'm sure there's no way you're fat.. With your six pack abs that poor baby has to push pretty hard to make any sort of bump!!

Speciale said...

ohhhhh my gosh, i'd kill em, right then and there. baby bumps are SO cute!!

dalendawn727 said...

Thanks for the reminder to all of us! Choosing words carefully is important! I love the way you look! so cute to see your little baby growing! You're adorable!

Heffe said...

Maybe the "baby" should lay off the Angel hair pasta covered in a Mizithra Cheese and Browned Butter sauce.
DAMN YOU DELICIOUS CARBS!!!!
Don't worry Jessie, Kauai's in less then a month and no matter how big your baby bump gets you'll still look better in a bikini then me......wait, what?!?