Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

My Favorite Part of the Day


So for about 11 years now I have been trying to get Matthew to read out loud to me. Coming from a mom who loved to read to us I found, that when I went off to collage (many moons ago) that I really missed falling asleep to the sound of someone reading. So from then on I tried to get Matthew to read to me...RARELY did that ever happen. Well, I don't know which switch in him was flipped, (the new book he got for Christmas, the fact that the Little Gremlin now can hear, that he loves his pregnant wife, or that my endless begging finally wore him down), but for the past couple of weeks he has been going to bed early with me and reading out loud while I fall asleep. The book has very short little 'stories' so it goes quickly, but he'll read 4 or 5 of them as I drift off to sleep. It has become one of the things that I look forward to most. Thank you Matthew!

5 comments:

Janie said...

That's sweet! But,... are these stories appropriate for Gremmy :) J/k. Are these funny storied. I doubt Shane would ever read to me. Matthew's so special :}.

Have a good one. Oh and I like your idea of loaning the kids out for their spy skills.

Katie said...

That is one of the sweetest things I have ever heard!
What a wonderful husband you have!

Speciale said...

Like Janie said...special is the word for sure...jk! That is so cute! Where are the prego pix? I can't wait!! :)

Heffe said...

Matt can read??? Oh...it must be a picture book and he just adds his own commentary.

dalendawn727 said...

What a guy! I'm already getting visions of him reading bedtime stories to your little punkin'! We'll find him a copy of The Spooky Old Tree so he can start practicing the voices!