Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Bargain Shopping

I think that I got the Bargain shopping gene from my mom (who I do have to say is the WORLDS best thrift shopper)! Matthew and I have been blown away with how dang expensive baby things are! (I swear, the two industries to be in if you want to make millions of dollars on over priced things/services are the wedding and baby industries) sheesh! Any way, things cost mooooocho buckos! Cribs, dressers/changing tables/strollers... all the necessities were any where from $250-$600! So I started doing a little bargain hunting! You'll never believe the loot that I found and the price that I got them for! First I fell for a crib on Craig's list, so Matthew and I drove to Fremont and got it... they even sold it to us with the new Sealy Posturepedic Baby Mattress. Any way it's a Emily 4-in-1 Convertible Crib in Ebony that retails for $500... we got it for $150!



I then was shopping around Salvation Army in Healdsburg and found the MATCHING dresser/changing table (same Brand/style/color). The drawers were a little caddy-wampus, but I know that my ever-so-handy-husband could fix them right up (which he did)! This piece retails new for $350 and I got it for $45.00!!!!!!


Then, this weekend Matthew and I drove to San Anselmo to look at a Peg Perego Pliko P3 Classico stroller AND it's matching PRIMO VIAGGIO SIP 30-30 car seat... in orange!!!! Of coarse we got those too! Those together go for a little over $500 new, but we got them for $150! They have been cleaned and never involved in a crash and have all the instructions/warranties and everything! We are money saving fools!


9 comments:

GMA Joyce said...

Way to go Jessica and Matthew. These are great!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jessica and Matthew!! These are great!!

dalendawn727 said...

Soooo cute! and in orange! It's perfect! I'm so proud of you, you thrifty shopper you!

Katie said...

I am fully impressed with your beautiful bargains!!! Go Jess and Mathew!!

Janie said...

Awesome!!!! Those are nice looking and will be great for a boy or a girl! You are an amazing shopper. I need you to be my personal shopper but for free! My only question/concern is make sure the car seat in not more than about 3 yrs old because the plastic has a shelf life of about three years before they recommend you get a new seat.

Speciale said...

man, you just set a whole new standard for me, thanks a lot..haha. VERY cute!

Anonymous said...

You are just THAT good!! Impressed, once again by your shopping skillsN- jer

Michelle said...

I'm so impressed! Whenever I finally have a baby, you are going to be my shopping buddy!

Bob and Dottie's Big Adventure said...

I'll try one more time. My last post didn't make it. What is it they say about teaching an old dog new tricks? Oh well, I'm having such fun following along with your baby adventure! love you, Aunt Dottie