Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Ice Skating

A couple of weeks ago the ENTIRE Reitz/Klein side of the family went ice skating! Oh my goodness, SOOOOOOOO much fun! We all had a blast!!!!! We figured that the kids would get sick of it within the hour... but we were wrong! We all skated for about 2 1/2 hours and the kids were actually sad to stop. Since Darren obviously wasn't able to get out onto the ice, the adults traded turns holding him off to the side and taking pictures of the ice-adventure. I cant tell you how well the kids did, especially considering it was their first time ever and there were no chairs involved (Granted it was a huge help having so many extra adults/great skaters to hold hands). 
As soon as Wes got his skates on he immediately shuffled along like normal (I was amazed). I'm pretty sure that he's going to be following in his grandpas and uncles shoes and take up skating like second nature. Mallory was a little more slow to catch on, but in no time she was actually skating without assistance. She would throw and mini-fit when she fell on her bootie, but would then pop back up and try again. I was very proud of them both!
Almost daily Mallory and Wesley have asked to go skating again... its really cute how much they liked it.
 




4 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

We had such a good time!!
Dad

Jer said...

Adoravle!!!

Michelle said...

That looks so fun! I've never been ice skating.

Janie said...

How fun to see everyone! We've gone roller skating but not ice skating. This is making me want to try! I'm impressed the kids did so well! Roller skating, you can take the stroller out and push your baby around but I bet that would be too hard ice skating.