Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Bless His Heart

Wesley was born with a heart murmur.  Just a teeny, tiny little 1 out of 6 murmur. We had it worked up locally and it was fine. A 'normal innocent systolic murmur.' And by last year it had gone away completely!
Well last Sunday I had to work, so Matthew brought the kids by for a visit. They were playing around and touching everything in sight...my stethoscope included. When they were finished playing with it I thought that I would listen to all the kiddos hearts. When I listened to Wesley's heart I was shocked because that little murmur that had disappeared was back...and louder! It did really sound scary...and he wasn't showing any clinical signs but I was/am concerned.
So I did what any good mom would do... I waited until Darren had his 6 month doctor visit (yesterday... so only 2 days later) and had the doc check it out. He thought that it was louder (now a 2 out of 6), but he also agreed that it's probably nothing. But with the attitude of might as well check it out so we can stop worrying about it he set up for a full pediatric cardiac work up for Wesley in San Francisco on the first of October.
Medically I'm excited to know exactly what type of murmur he has and what I can expect from it. But maternally I am freaking out a little (only in the inside)...Wes is one of MY babies...nothing should ever happen to them!!!!!! So pray for my little buckaroo, that God will bless his heart!

3 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

I know his heart is fine.....it's his right hand I'm concerned about.
Dad

Michelle said...

Oh, yes bless his little heart! I will be saying lots of prayers.

Janie said...

What a sweet picture. Poor guy but poor Mommy. It is so hard when one of your babies has a problem.