Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Wesley Turns 2!

On February 13 our Little Man turned 2! I can’t believe it! It seems too short a time for someone so wonderful to have blessed our lives so deeply! He is a joy and a constant sores of amusement to everyone he is around. He is kind and thoughtful and wild and out of control all at once. He FINALLY is starting to talk in more than single words or grunts… though still most of the time I have no idea what he’s saying. But his voice is tender and scratchy, and I love how it sounds and the sweet little way he cocks his head to the side like a little bird when he asks a question.
 
On his actual birthday I sadly had an emergency 3 ½ hour surgery that didn’t end until WELL past bed time. I felt horrible. Like the worst mom ever. I have to admit I was actually in tears over it (even though I know he won’t remember me not being there… I will). My sweet husband surprised me and brought the kids over (and dinner) and all three of them stood outside the operating window watching, waving and smiling as I, once again tried not to cry.
We ended up celebrating his birthday the next day on Friday (valentine’s day), which worked out beautifully. Wesley didn’t know the difference and loved the ice cream cone that he got. Matthew and I ended up getting him a small little 4-wheeler (that goes all of 2 miles per hour) and he LOVES it! Though he hasn’t figured out how to steer yet. Hopefully that will come in the next 14 years or we are all in trouble.
Sunday was his birthday party, it was a Race Car theme and he was in heaven! There was a huge turn out! I was shocked at the number of adult friends/family that actually wanted to be there. Thankfully I had made a pretty big cake and had plenty of snacks. It was a beautiful day and the entire party was held outside (which I was not counting on but VERY grateful for).  He got a ton of cars, trucks and tractors (though his favorite for the moment is the garbage truck from Papa Klein).
We love you Wesley Robert, happy birthday!




2 comments:

Janie said...

I can't believe it either. Two already. Wasn't he just born? He is sooooo cute. His smile is charming. You are a great mom. Sorry you had to work. I know those feelings of thinking I stink. You made his party though and that's what he will remember if he even remembers anything.

By the way, after studying your picture I have decided to throw my hat in the ring for a girl. I think you are going to push out another sassy Klien girl. I can't wait to find out! You are looking great and sooooo cute. That tummy is perfect. I live it.

You coined Charlotte perfectly. She is so dainty. It's the perfect word to describ her!

dalendawn727 said...

You and Matthew are such fantastic parents, the party was fabulous, and that little man is a constant source of joy in my life. You just can't help being happy around him.
Papop