Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 30, 2013

The 14 Week Circus


At 14 weeks I finally had my first real appointment with my midwife. I have a midwife that I love (though there are many wonderful ladies that my mom works with)… but this one was the one that delivered Wesley and was so great then and all through his entire pregnancy that I wanted her again. This meant that we had to shuffle around the normal appointment schedule a little so that I could see her. But it all worked out!
So the FOUR of us loaded up and went to the appointment today. Thank goodness she herself has kids, because it was like a mini circus in that exam room. Balloon gloves to distract the kids, little fingers touching this and that, Mallory constantly trying to get the midwife to pay more attention to her and less to me, measuring tapes that were used for everything but my belly… and all the while I, in a paper gown. The two most memorable bits were Mallory getting to hold the Doppler and ‘finding’ the baby’s heartbeat. She was so proud. She kept telling me ‘Momma, I did that.’ Like she was THE only reason it was there and beating. (It’s little heart rate was Between 158-162 by the way). The second ‘great’ part of this appointment was when the midwife asked if I wanted them all to leave during the “full” exam… I told her I didn’t care and it was fine for them to stay. So there I lay, legs in stirrups, with the paper cover over my knees as a drape and Mallory sitting up on the table with me. Just as the midwife was starting ‘the full’ exam, Wesley walked around to her side of the drape, head coked to one side and is just staring all wide-eyed up at what she was doing, while simultaneously Mallory wanted to know what’s going on so she leaned on and then fell through/over that paper knee drape, practically into the midwifes lap!  
I think that we’ll leave them home next time.
 
14 weeks our #3 should be close to 4 inches… which is exactly the size of Mallory’s Go Fish cards (which she would gladly play with any of you…and by that I truly mean she will tell YOU how to play…at the drop of a hat).

3 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

No doubt your kids are establishing all new rules concerning security at the hospital, and I did notice that your doctor talks to herself a lot.
Dad

Jer said...

Oh never a dull moment!! miss you.

Janie said...

This gave me the best laugh I've had in s long time!! I'm glad the baby is healthy. I'm guessing girl. I can't believe you are already more than 14 weeks! Can't wait to meet this new little critter. Thanks for the laugh at your expense.