Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"Fun" With Crayons

 
Over the past 2 days we have been having some serious “fun” with crayons! I have no idea what has gotten into these kids… but apparently they suddenly need constant supervision (What? Don’t pretend like all parents don’t leave their 3 and 1 ½ year old unattended in their rooms for short periods of time.)
Any way… The other day while I was getting ready for work Mallory came into my bedroom crying. I looked down and saw that blood and dark ‘flecks’ were draining from her nose.  I put her into the bathroom and told her to stay there (while I took a few pictures). Then in the course of cleaning up her bloody face I noticed that the right nostril was bulging ever so slightly… I had her blow her nose and out shot a ½ inch piece of dark blue crayon! I still have no idea why she put it up there.
 
Then last night while Matthew and I were cooking dinner, the kids where happily playing together in Mallory’s room.  Then Mallory came out and said “Wesley and I want a little alone time in my room, so don’t go in there.” RED FLAG! Matthew went down there, and quickly came back saying “well, we were wondering when we would have to deal with this… apparently all it took was Wesley.” Wesley (a.k.a The Adorable Trouble Maker) thought that coloring on paper was stifling his creativity… the wall, white board, dresser and coat rack were much more appropriate places to color! Arrrrrgggggg! Mallory, who is typically such a great rule-follower/tattle-tail actually followed suit and joined in. Double Arrrrggggggg! But thanks to a quick Google search, we learned that a damp rag dipped in Baking Soda cleans up crayon beautifully and really easily! Who knew! Thanks Google!!!
Hopefully we are done with the crayon adventures for a while!
Oh and Baby #3 is 13 ½ weeks old and 3 inches head to booty… about the size of this strange block-like construction man.  


6 comments:

jer said...

only YOU see a bloody nose as a photo-op

Janie said...

She put the crayon in her nose because it fit! Duh! I hate cleaning up crayon/pencil/marker off of things. can't they just be responsible!!!

I love the "alone time" comment. she is so funny. start pep talking #3 right now about how perfect he/she will beaand how they will never write on anything but paper and never talk back.

Janie said...

P.S. I would never leave my kids unsupervised even for a small amount of time except Monday-Sunday. Those days I would leave them unsupervised.

Anonymous said...

Love the new cover picture, all though it means that it's been that much longer since you were here :( Thank you for keeping the blog going!!!!!
Aunt Dottie

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! Not funny, but totally funny! And love Janie's comments!

Melissa said...

Oh wow! Didn't she shove something else up her nose last year??? I'm seeing a trend... hope she doesn't teach her brother the nose trick.
Miss you guys!!
Melissa