Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Safety First... Or Not.

Yesterday Wesley fell asleep on the changing table. I stood there looking at him and had an internal debate running through my head. This is kind of how it went...
'They say, never wake a sleeping baby. But this is not the safest place to sleep. But they do say, never wake a sleeping baby. Mallory's napping now too and I could get so much done. But he is really not sleeping in a safe place. But he's quiet and sleeping and they say, never wake a sleeping baby. What if he rolls off? Well he's not really rolling over yet and they say, never wake a sleeping baby. It's not safe. But there are small rails, a buckle and a baby monitor... plus THEY say, never wake a sleeping baby.'
So that's what I did :)
I may not be getting the mom-safety-award-of-the-year, but I did get lots done while both kids napped and who am I to argue with the "theys" of the world???

4 comments:

lowrain said...

Well at least he is not in a gas station restroom changing area-so heck, why not.
You are such a good mom, you get a vote from me

Janie said...

I would NEVER argue with the "theys". I very much enjoyed the internal arguing.

Brianna said...

It's good to get the first fall over with, don't you think? Why not start now? He's a doll, Jessie. I can't wait to meet him!!

Michelle said...

Can you guess what I would have done? Yep, I would have spat in the face of the "theys," woken the sleeping baby because I just couldn't walk away and then would have been left with a cranky baby I couldn't put back to sleep. Ha ha. You are a rockstar momma!!!