Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Poor Baby Girl


Poor baby girl has had a rough go of it the past few days. Not only is her second bottom tooth in, but Thursday night she starting having diarrhea... 5 times in 3 hours... not just the normal 'my poo is soft' sort of diarrhea, but the type that looks like the consistency of water! Then the bloodly tinge appeared! Ahhhhhh! Top that off with a fever and you have the makings of a very nervous momma! I called my mom, then the advice nurse, who connected me with the on-call doctor. (Who, I have to say was not the brightest bulb in the bunch). I tried to explain my main concern was that I deal with diarrhea in puppies and kitties all day long! Bad stuff. Contagious stuff! Crypto. Giardia. E-coli. Salmonella. And my fear was/is that I brought something home to her from work! The dr was no help (sadly) so I called into work and said I wouldn't be there and Friday morning I took her to her real dr (who of course wasn't there that day) ahhhhh! So I saw someone else. He was a nice guy... but I am pretty sure that I knew more about diarrhea then he did. First off he kept telling me that it probably was a viral diarrhea (despite the fact that I kept saying I thought she has a bacterial diarrhea), then he wasn't convinced there was blood in the poo (yes I brought some in with us)... so he ran a test to check. It was funny because he came back into the room and said "yes there was blood, so it probably is a bacterial diarrhea." Arrrrgggggggg!!!!! Duh! Any way. I had to collect a bigger sample of her diarrhea so they could run a fecal culture, so that was a fun game to play for the rest of the day. Mallory was a trooper though. Despite the stinging bottom, the fever and the grumbling tummy she was happy and smiley, just a little more snugly then normal.
She is doing much better (no she's not on any meds.... they didn't want to give her anything until they knew what was cultured from her poo). But all she has now is a fever. Hopefully I'll find out today what she had.
Poor baby girl. I am going to feel SOOOOOOO bad if it is anything that I brought home!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Poor Mallory and Momma!
Glad she is starting to feel better!

It is so fun to watch her grow! What a cutie!

Brianna said...

It's not your fault Dr. Klein. I'm sooo glad she's feeling a bit better. Human doctors are so frustrating sometimes!! Let me know if I can do anything for you neighbor.

Janie said...

Poor Mallory! I'm sure it wasn't anything you brought her. My kids get diarrhea and fevers and I am not a vet, I just play one on TV :)

I'm glad she's doing better. Keep us "posted"(ha ha) on what the test results say.

I don't know if this helps, but both my kids would have small bouts of diarrhea with fevers when they would break a tooth. It could just be that.

dalendawn727 said...

maybe it would help if she didn't use her foot for a teething ring.

Anonymous said...

Why did you crop out her beautiful, plump little vagina? She was working so hard to show it off right