Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011


And in this corner, weighing in at a whopping 18 pounds and 4 ounces, Mallory "The Tank" Klein! (And the crowd goes wild)!!!!!!!
Yeah our 'little' miss just had her 6 month baby doctor visit. Can you all believe that it's been 6 months already? I mean on one hand time seems like it has flown by, yet on the other it's virtually impossible to imagine life without her.
Mallory is in the 89th percentile (still) for weight, the 58% for height (standing all of 2 feet, 2 inches) and in the 32% for her peanut head (at 41.9 centimeters).
The Doctor was very impressed with how strong she is, as Mallory showed off her ability to sit up straight and pull herself up into a standing position. This little girl scoots herself around, but has not figured out how to 'officially' crawl like a 'normal' kid. She would much rather walk around like a big girl... gee I wonder where she gets that from? :)
Life with Mallory Rose is so much fun. Yesterday she laughed for the first time. Not just a cute little giggle but a full blown baby laugh. You know the one that makes you crack up too! And what was she laughing at (I'm sure you're asking).... I was doing push-up in front of her and she thought that was the silliest thing ever. I'm sure that it wasn't my form (on my knees, head down, back anything but straight.... that's how you all look when you do push-ups, right?) that was make her laugh! :) But that little stinker, the second that Matthew pulled the video camera out to record that joyous sound, she stopped! She looked straight at hims and said (with her overly expressive eyes) 'you want this? Yeah right! I am going to pretend to be supper interested in my blocks and pretend that mom doesn't look ridiculous right now as she does waaaaaaay tooooooo many push-ups trying to get me to laugh again.... I laugh on my own time, and it's not now.'
Guess who's arms hurt today?!

7 comments:

Janie said...

What a big girl Mallory!! I'm not surprised after I saw you take down that banana! I look silly too when I do push ups.

Nice picture, where did you get that!? ;)

Zelda said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Zelda said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Katie said...

What a precious little girl you have! That picture is priceless!
It is amazing how little ones instinctively know when you have a camera or video going, to stop the fun behavior that gave you cause to run for the camera. Stinkers! :)
What a fun moment to have experienced with your little girl!

Brianna said...

Do you need me to come over there and show you how to do REAL pushups?? I can totally do at least two right now! I miss Mallory. Let's get together soon....oh, yeah...and I miss you too.

Brianna said...

And by the way, that picture makes it look like she has long, flowing, curly locks :) So cute!

Jer said...

Jessica, you crack me up... Not in the cute baby giggle way, but in the laugh out loud at the computer and wonder why my dog is staring at me way.