Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas was a bit of a blur this year. I feel like it snuck up on me and I was actually still shopping a few days before (normally I am finished shopping by November). But I’ve had a bit on my mind, and a ton of things to do.
In case you couldn’t figure it out, we did not get the house, but are still going through with the sale of our house to my brother. So literally in a mere matter of weeks we will be out of this home and into mom and dads. Gulp! So instead of shopping and wrapping gifts, we have been house hunting, and packing up our house and moving it into storage. It’s all going well though.
So Christmas was unfortunately a lower priority than normal. Things still got done. People still got gifts… they were just a little more generic (aka Gift Cards). The kids loved it all though. We started the morning at our house and then headed over to my parents until naptime. Back home for naps, then off to Joyce and Johns for the afternoon/dinner. It was a very family oriented day. It was lovely, just not very relaxing since we were going all over the place. Friday we went to Roberts for dinner and more gift-giving. Now we are just settling back into ‘normality’ and trying to wade through all the gifts, toys, boxes, and bubble wrap that is now our home.
Oh, and if you look at the top right picture of Mallory in the green mask... that's a mask/hat that mom knit her for her alter-ego-superhero that she created (and named): Superhero Leaf-Girl (she then added onto it... Superhero leaf-girl-peter pan-mike the knight). I love it! I especially love that there is absolutely NO reference to anything princess-y! Way to go Mallory!
We have totally been slackers in the baby-toy-comparison department.
Week 25: 13.5 inches the size of a butterfly art project Mallory did
 
Week 26: 14 inches, The size of the Little Peoples playground structure
 
Week 27: 14.5 inches the exact size of Mallory's "Baby Anna" (its' kind of creepy looking at the doll and realizing that my baby inside looks fairly similar)

3 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

Cool...Wes and I won't be the only blue eyes.
Dad

Janie said...

What a crazy time for you right now! If anyone can do it though it's you. Glad your Christmas was so family oriented. That's what it should be. I'm loving the alter ego of Mallory. I'm also loving your alter ego, reindeer girl. Fun pictures. Keep chugging along. It will all be over before you know it.

Michelle said...

Whew! We all made it through Christmas! I can't imagine having all the stuff on my plate that you do these days!