Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Little Scare

I had a very eventful day today. It started out fairly normal, I didn't have to work so the kids and I were running around doing Christmas errands and then we met matthew out at the mall so the kids could sit on Santas lap. Around 11:30 I took Mallory to the bathroom and I realize that I was having dome bleeding. I called my mom right away to talk with her. At first it was just a brownish discharge and soon progressed to is light red-red color. Mom immediately came over to watch the kids and I went into the hospital. Thankfully after having a full exam, an ultrasound and being monitored for 3 hours I was released. The only real abnormality was that BK3 is sitting head down directly on my cervix with no fluid cushion at all...which I guess overtime they worry about that causing my cervix to dialate (which it is not at this point)! We are all still unsure why I started bleeding but they think a big part of it has to do with all of my activity, stress and work. That being said I am going to try really hard to take it easy and not overdo it. Which is going to be difficult considering I love to work, I love to play, I'm packing an entire house, Christmas is one week away, and I'm pregnant. But like my mom said the most important job for me right now is to grow this baby so I have to remember that... despite my obsessive needs to be superwoman! :)

3 comments:

Janie said...

We are cut from the same cloth! We'll blame it on the way we were raised ;-). That is so scary. I'm glad Both you and baby are fine. Please take it easy.

Looks like you have a little one who is anxious to come out.

Anonymous said...

Taking it easy for a few months is nothing when you're looking at the big picture. Your mom is right----listen to her words of wisdom. Take care of yourself and my great niece/nephew :)
I love you so much!!!!!!
Aunt Dottie

Michelle said...

Glad everything is ok! I know how hard it is for you to slow down, but I know you can find time to put your feet up.