Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Potty Training


There is no perfect time to start potty training, but this week I don't work until Saturday, so we would essentially have most of the week to work on it, so yesterday afternoon I though, what the heck, lets give it a shot. We are now about 20 hours in, and I am starting to go crazy! It's a TON of work! For me and her!!!!! Between the potty talks, potty songs, potty books, potty videos and liquids, liquids, liquids (in the cup, in the potty and some on the floor) I feel like I have 'potty brain'! But Mallory is doing great! She has only had 3 accidents all the rest has been in her potty.... so that's nice. She's getting 'good' at running over to it and going (and the jelly bean treats are a great motivator). Good thing I have a food motivated kid. Once again I am reminded of puppy training. I am truly amazed at how frequently those two worlds cross. My favorite part (aside from not having to change her diapers) is watching her cute little bootie run naked around the house. She is just too cute!
Way to go Mallory Rose, I am soooooo proud of you!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Janie said...

How nice that will be to only have one in diapers. I am proud of you Mallory! The potty is the place!

Speciale said...

Already?? Wow!! Way to go both of you-lol! Good luck :)

dalendawn727 said...

I remember when my mom let me miss a whole week during Jr.High so that I could potty train! I bet it would have been even more fun if she had used jelly beans instead of Lima beans!
Dad

Brianna said...

Is that potty in front of the TV?? That was my method with Jacob. He needed to be motivated to sit there longer than 23 seconds.

Well done, little miss! I am so proud of you. Potty Time!!

Jer said...

potty training sounds harder than puppy training..

Michelle said...

Mallory, you're amazing! Momma, you're amazing! So impressed!