Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 4, 2012

4th In The Nation


Matthew just got home today from the Rugby National Championships in Denver. No, he wasn't there watching, the Santa Rosa Men's Team actually was playing in it! They came in 4th in the NATION! Pretty impressive, huh? I know Matthew wishes that they ranked even higher, but I am mighty impressed by 4th! I have to be honest though, this season has been a tough one.... on me (and I wasn't even the one getting hit/tackled/kicked/scraped). The season has lasted 7 1/2 month, the first of it I was WAY preggers, the middle I was pushing out a kid and the last I was trying to figure out how to be a single parent (while Matthew had practice 2 nights a week and games Saturdays... or tournaments that last Friday to Monday). Despite the pride that I have for him in this moment, I wasn't always supper supportive. And more then once I wished he was home helping me deal with crying/whining/dirty/hungry/sleepy kids (which now I feel slightly bad for) instead of at practice/a game. But I AM very proud of him, he is a great rugby player and an amazing team player and when he commits to something, he is committed ALL THE WAY... which is honorable and one of the many qualities I love about him.
Great job Santa Rosa Rugby! And thank you to my Colorado family for going and supporting my husband and the team.

5 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

Way to go Matthew...you guys did awsome. Maybe next year you guys could do coed soccer or softball and then we would be forced to spend even more time with the grandchildren....oh the cruelty of it all.
Dad

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun seeing Matthew. He really is a great Rugby player and we SO enjoyed being able to watch him play. The only thing that could have made it better would have been for the other 3 members of the family to be here also :) Hope to see you at Mallory's party.
love to all, Aunt Dottie

Speciale said...

Way to go! That is so awesome. I totally don't blame you for feeling that way, I imagine I would as well, but way to hang in there-what a good wife :)

Brianna said...

Great job, Matt!!! Very impressive!

Michelle said...

Way to go, Matthew! Woot woot!!