Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 20, 2012

New Job (again)

Ok, here’s the new job story. I had all intentions of returning to my current (I guess former) job… it wasn’t perfect, but it was nice, I loved the people I worked with and I did get to learn cool things about exotic animals… but I knew I wasn’t going to stay there forever. Then, about 3 ½ weeks into my maternity leave I got a call out of the blue from Windsor Animal Hospital (this amazing, new, state of the art, 5 doctor practice) that I had given my resume to prior to even starting at the Santa Rosa job. I was really interested in this practice, and was kind of bummed when they didn’t need a vet back when I needed a job. (But Gods got His perfect timing when it comes to life… and it just wasn’t meant to be… then).
Any way, they called me saying that there was going to be an opening for a new vet at the beginning of May (which just so happened to be when I was thinking of going back to work, post baby). They were looking for someone to work 2-3 days a week… which would be great. But the bummer was that it was every sat/sun with a random weekday here or there. Then I started thinking about how perfect that schedule might be… it would mean that I could be home with the kids all week! No daycare needed (talk about a money saver). Then Matthew would have them on the weekends, and both Matthew and I would have Mondays off to be our family day. Plus the weekend schedule would only be temporary (so they think). I was really working on not being too excited, since they said that there were 8 other vets that were interested in the position. Plus I had a job.
They called me back a few days later saying that they really liked my personality and it is now down to 6 people. So they had me come in for an interview. It went well. I was just myself and really relaxed (since I felt like I DO have a job and this would just be nice if it worked out… but it wasn’t a necessity).  Post interview they kept talking about how much they really like me, my personality, my humor and how I handle myself… but were a little worried about my lack of copious years of emergency work (since that’s pretty much what the weekend shifts are all about). Regardless of their slight worry they asked me back for a working interview. Now it was down to me and one other person (who apparently had more experience). So a few days later I left the kids with mom and went in for the working interview. It was fun. I just hung out, helped out, chatted to everyone about all sorts of thing, open drawers and cupboards and scrubbed in on surgeries.  Once again I was pretty laid back about it all… I kept telling myself, I have a job and if God wants this to happen, it will. At the end of my time there, they told me that they would get back to me within 4-5 days.
The very next morning they called! Apparently when I left the entire staff pow-wowed and told the owners that they wanted to work with me! And the owners agreed. They loved my personality, skill and bedside manner and felt that even though I didn’t have as much experience as others, it will come with time… but you can’t teach personality (their words, not mine). So I had the job!!!!!!!!! J I was stoked. The best past is, that even if I only work 2 days a week they are offering my just about what I was making working 4 ½ days a week in Santa Rosa!!!!
God defiantly had his hand in this every step of the way. I start on May 1st… I’m a little nervous, but really excited about all that I am about to do and the adventure I’m about to embark on!!!!

5 comments:

familyof5 said...

Awesome!!!!!!! So glad that it all worked out perfectly!

Brianna said...

Jessie. You are a wonder woman! I am so excited for you!!!!!!! That is the best story ever. I, too, love your personality. All they had to do was call me as a reference ;) Loving your from here.
brie

Speciale said...

That is so exciting!! God truly knows timing better than we do, how cool.

Michelle said...

So happy for you! You are amazing and you do have a fantastic personality! You should be so dang proud of yourself!! I am!! Can't wait to hear all about your first day!

Janie said...

This sounds so amazing! I hope you are liking it as you have worked now for a bit. It seems like the Lord is showering you with blessings!