Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chop-chop

I’m not sure what it is about having a baby that makes women want to cut their hair off… but just about every lady I know goes for a new/drastic cut soon after having a baby. Maybe it’s the need to reinvent yourself (again), maybe it’s the need to feel different, pretty, sexy, non-I sit at home and breast feed all day-like, maybe it’s that it takes too much time to worry about/style long hair, maybe it’s great excuse to get out of the house for a few hours without your kids… maybe it’s all the above. Whatever the reason, I got the itch and yesterday I had my hair CHOPPED, highlighted (for the first time ever), had an hour long facial (once again my first) and a foot soak with reflexology and pedicure! It was an afternoon of self pampering (while my dad and brother dealt with the kids). For a few hours my life felt quiet, normal, sane… until too many hours had past and my breasts started getting too full and I almost leaked all over the stylist.  ANY WAY, I love my new hair. It’s easy to do, sassy and fun yet professional… perfect for starting my new job…. Which I have yet to write about.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Super cute! I love it!!! What a wonderful day filled with every womans dream...being fully pampered!
Can't wait to hear about the new job. :)

Speciale said...

I love it!! Geez why a dreamy sounding day, you deserve it!

familyof5 said...

Woah!!! Way to chop chop!!!

dalendawn727 said...

I'm not sure you spent enough time on the part about grampa watching Mr. Poops A Lot or his super charged sister!

Brianna said...

Dale, you are a super star!

Jessie: Gorgeous!

Janie said...

This is my 3rd attempt to comment on this blog and it is GOING to happen this time!! Cute hair and I can't believe you highlighted it after ALL these years.

I always change my hair after a baby! It is funny how that happens to every one.

I am DYING to hear about your new job. Please tell, soon. Give the kids a hug and kiss for me.

Jer said...

wow! Oh my gosh! You've got the beautiful neck and chinline for short hair! Love ya!!