Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tahoe Trip



This weekend Matthew, Mallory and I headed up to Tahoe to spend a few days with my folks (who were staying in Tahoe for a week). We had such a nice time! The weather was beautiful! Snow all over the place, but the temperature was nice and warm (around 50 degrees) outside! We didn't go skiing or snowboarding, we just enjoyed ourselves while doing 'nothing'. Mallory got to play in the snow... but seemed to enjoy the fire-time a little more! :)


Posted by Picasa
Mom and Dad watched Mallory on Friday, so that Matthew and I could spend a little time wondering the city on our own while drinking 'naughty girl scouts' (hot chocolate and peppermint schnapps) Mmmmmmmmm.


Then we all taught Mallory how to play pool... She was very good at it.
Saturday the four of us headed into Sparks for one of Matthews pre-season rugby games. I have to admit, that because I got to meet up with Janie (her baby-in-the-belly Owen), Janie's sister Susie and her son Eli.... I didn't really pay too much attention to the game (sorry Matthew). I did manage to snap a picture of him though (he's number 12).

It was SO wonderful to see Janie. I can't even say how much I miss not being able to see her whenever I want. The fact that each of us do a blog helps (thanks for getting me into it Baker)... but whenever I actually see her I feel like I am transported back to jr. high and get all giggly!!! It's strange to think that we are both grown-ups now. Wives. Mothers. Doctors. It really does feels like no time has passed. In less then 3 months Janie is going to be having her first baby boy (she has 2 really cute little girls). I am so excited for her and I can't wait to meet little Owen.
Susie and Eli were visiting Janie (and her family) too, so we got to finally meet Eli! He is such a cute little man. Mallory was really taken by him and was very jealous of all his hair! :) She just wanted to love and touch him, and the poor guy really would have rather her just go back to eating her banana! :) Thank you all for a wonderful weekend. Mom and dad, we had a blast!

4 comments:

Brianna said...

What a wonderful weekend! So glad you guys had the chance to head up there and relax :) I hope Mallory isn't embarrassed by the naked pics. She will be someday perhaps. BTW--have you ever tried to define embarrassed to a 5 year old? Not as easy as you would think...

Good to see you last night. Love ya!

Janie said...

What a nice trip. That would have been fun to be around all that snow but have the weather be on the warmer side! I love the naked fireplace picture!!

I had such a great time seeing you guys and so did Suzie! I love the picture of you and I. Email that if you can. Love you!

dalendawn727 said...

It was so wonderful having your precious family up to share time with us. Some of the treats included seeing Baker and Suzzie, watching Matthew stop moving tanks on the Rugby field, wakeing to falling ice chucks, but in the end, Mallory was the star of course. BTW, thanks for not including the naked shots of me in front of the fire! Dad

Katie said...

What a wonderful trip! A wonderful date with your sweetheart and a fun reunion with friends! Does life get much better then that?!

Mallory is getting so big! She is really adorable!