Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 3, 2014

9 Months!

I have to start off by thanking my mom and mother in law for throwing me a beautiful and esquiset baby shower yesterday...but I'll blog about that tomorrow (I hope).
Today I had my 36 week baby doctor appointment! I can't believe I'm 9 months pregnant!!!!! Yet at the same time boy oh boy am I feeling very, very, VERY pregnant!
I had my strep B swab, a brief ultrasound to make sure it's head is down, checked the heart rate (still in the 120's) and then my midwife checked me... I am alread 1 1/2 cm dilated and 50% effaced and very spongy/soft. She said that once I start a good run of contractions that I'll probably progress quickly! So between that little fact and how tired I have been getting due to my job/how much I've been working she gave me a note to stop working in hopes of keeping this little one in at least another 6(+) days!!!!! I have to admit, I really appreciate being told to take time off...because that's what I need (both the time off and to be told)! So for the first time in 3 pregnancies I'm actually taking time off before the baby is born! It was with a combination of both guilt and relief that I told my boss that I was done.
Anyway, now I am 36 weeks and baby is about 18.7 inches which happens to be the same length as the turtle that my mom had knit Mallory when she was a baby.
 
This picture of Wesley and my tummy cracks me up...he was kissing my tummy last night and then put both hands on either side, shook it a little and in a deep gravely voice said 'Biiiiiiig baby!'
He's so right!


2 comments:

dalendawn727 said...

Well, I must say that I am so happy you finally decided to listen to someone telling you to slow down, since your husband has been telling you that for a long time. Now you can start the nesting process...cleaning out the garage and pruning the roses come to mind. Oh, and washing the car too :)
Dad

Michelle said...

That's freaking hilarious about Wesley! But it does not look like you're having a big baby at all! I'm glad you have now been forced to take it easy, especially since it means I get to see you a little more!