Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Wesley's ONE

 
 I can hardly believe that my little man turned ONE yesterday! It seems impossible that an entire year has gone by since I kissed that sweet, fresh smelling, perfectly round little head. That I looked into those indigo blue eyes, and that I feel madly, deeply and totally in love… again! And yet how is it that it has ONLY been one year… when I feel like he has been part of me for my entire life? Time, love, parenting… it is all so strange… it as if the true physics of time somehow leaves you exempt; and you get it all of time and none of it all at once. It’s crazy.
 

Anyway, Wesley Robert Klein is ONE! He is such a good boy! SUCH a momma’s boy (I’m not totally happy about it… though I LOVE the constant snuggles… it’s really hard for me personally to deals with the needy factor whenever he sees me). Mallory was sooooo independent I would have to practically have to hold her down to get a hug! Wesley on the other hand would spend his day monkey-hugging me and giggling into me neck. He has just started to say a few 2 syllable words…. Banana is Na-nA and Balloon is Baa-ooon. It’s cute. Oh and he now he points outside and in the air and will say ‘bird’… even if nothings there.

He’s motoring along with his walking. He splits his time walking and crawling about 40/60 respectively. He has recently become a little bit of a picky eater… and will spit out anything that anyone tries to give him (he has to do it on his own), and he likes to eat when no one is watching him (over wise, if you’re watching he wants to play and make faces/sounds at you).  He’s still a champ at sleeping. Down at 7:30 pm and up at 7 or 8 am, plus 2 naps during the day. He really, really, really wants to wrestle with Mallory and do all that she does (climb, swing, slide…) it won’t be long before those two are playing chase. He’s just starting to get into books… but he likes turning the pages more than listening to the story. Oh and he still LOVE music and will rock-it-out when it’s on.

He is such a joy. Love that little man more than words can say!
 




4 comments:

Janie said...

I love your opening spiel about time! So true.

I can't believe he is one and I have only been around him twice. He is a handsome man. I love hearing about him and hearing how different he and Mallory are. I love and welcome the differences in my kids.

I enjoy all the pictures so much. I am glad you are a good blogger! Love you guys. Happy Birthday Wes!

Anonymous said...

We love you so much Wesley. And we agree that you are growing up so fast, but I have to admit how excited we are to run and wrestle with you too.
Mom & Dad

Speciale said...

No way!! One?? Crazy, beautiful little family :)

Michelle said...

That year sure did fly by! Wesley is so stinking adorable and wonderful! Can't wait to pry him away from you and attempt to get my own snuggles the next time I see you guys!