Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 10, 2010

The Big Three-Zero

Ok, it's official... I'm OLD! :) To be honest this was actually one of the best birthdays I have ever had! The entire day made me smile! It was a Thursday, which means that work closes at 11 (I know, my life is tough). So not only was it nice to have the afternoon free, but work was really great! I spent the morning opening caseous abscesses, pulling of thousands of maggots and removing copious amounts of necrotic flesh from 3 sheep that were attacked by a dog 2 weeks prior. I know to most that job doesn't sound like fun... and ok, maybe fun is the wrong word, but it was gratifying to know that these poor sheep needed me, and I am able to help them live. After that I picked up Mallory at my moms who had Uncle Melt pancakes (my favorite) ready for me!!!!! Thank you mom! When Mallory and I got back to our house it was time for her nap so I put her to sleep and after walking out of her room I got to get into a warm candle lit bubble bath that Matthew had drawn up for me (and a glass of wine). I felt so loved and pampered! Once the little girl woke up we took Sonny for a walk (since it finally wasn't raining)! After the walk, my sweet neighbors showed up at our door and sang me happy birthday and gave me wonderful flowers/art and chocolate! So sweet! Then it was off to my parents house for a birthday dinner of Chinese food and homemade cobbler! Yum! Yum! The dinner was wonderful, my parents, in-laws and Ty and Tom were all there. The gifts were wonderful, but honestly after such a perfect day I didn't even feel like they were needed....(but don't get me wrong I'm not giving them back!) :)
Thank you to everyone who made my 30th birthday so very special!
(Sorry I didn't take any pictures, but others did, I'll post them soon-ish)

6 comments:

Janie said...

What a nice day. You are truly surrounded by wonderful people who love you. (and animals that need you :) )
Happy B-day again!!

Brianna said...

I'm glad that I texted you your happy birthday the day before because, as expected, I didn't remember to call yesterday :( But, I get to see you in a couple of hours :) Love you! Glad you had a wonderful birthday!!

lowrain said...

Happy B Day to you. Can you hear me singing this? Bet you are glad!
However my grandchildren tell me I sing like an angel!
A Christmas present is on it's way to Mallory from Amazon. Be good don't open until Christmas!
Love Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Glad that you had such a wonderful day. All of us here in Colorado wish you a belated "Happy 30th"!!!

love you, Aunt Dottie

familyof5 said...

Happy Birthday...a bit belated! And for the record. You can't be OLD, cause I am 3 years older than you...and that makes me ANCIENT! LOL!

Katie said...

Happy Belated Birthday!
Sounds like the perfect day! What a wonderful family/husband you have!!!